- Assemble :
- Assortment : collection or group of various things
- Bulk :
- Consumer : a person who acquires goods and services for his or her own personal needs
- Customer : person who buys
- Consolidate :
- Convenient : suitable; not causing trouble or difficulty
- Containerized :
- Distribution centre and/or distribution warehouse : a set of products is a warehouse or other specialized building, often with refrigeration or air conditioning, which is stocked with products (goods) to be redistributed to retailers, to wholesalers, or directly to consumers
- Eliminated :
- Just-in-time : A strategy for inventory management in which raw materials and components are delivered from the vendor or supplier immediately before they are needed in the manufacturing process.
- Loading : Waiting to grant an employee stock option until just before good news about the company reaches the market.
- Material handling : Material handling equipment is all equipment that relates to the movement, storage, control and protection of materials, goods and products throughout the process of manufacturing, distribution, consumption and disposal
- Order Picking : order preparation operation is one of a logistic warehouse's process. It consists in taking and collecting articles in a specified quantity before shipment to satisfy customers orders. It is a basic warehousing process and has an important influence on supply chain's productivity
- Order Fulfillment : the complete process from point of sales inquiry to delivery of a product to the customer / act of distribution or the logistics function
- Order processing : the process or the work flow associated with the picking, packing and delivery of the packed item(s) to a shipping carrier
- Product : The end result of the manufacturing process, to be offered to the marketplace to satisfy a need or want.
- Production line : system of making a product, where each item such as a car moves slowly through the factory with new sections added to it as it goes along
- Pallet : sometimes called a skid, is a flat transport structure that supports goods in a stable fashion while being lifted by a forklift, pallet jack, front loader or other jacking device
- Putaway :The activities related to the receipt of material, determination of its storage or other destination, movement to that location and the stocking and physical arrangement as required.
- Prepackaging : manufacturer's packaging and pricing of products before delivery to the retail store
- Quick response : A retail industry strategy using business rules and technologies that shortens cycle time from suppliers to vendors in response to retail customers' demands.
- Raw material : Goods that are unfinished that are used to produce goods that are finished /the materials bought by a manufacturing business in order to manufacture its products.
- Replenishment : filling again by supplying what has been used up/new supply of something/ purchase of additional items following initial purchase, whether bought for support of additional end items, routine restockage, or other purposes.
- Unitizing : Package (cargo) into unit loads
- Value-added : The amount by which the value of an article is increased at each stage of its production, exclusive of initial costs